Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Masquerade '08

I have made the executive decision to begin blogging. Not sure what I will say or if much of my life will make for a good read, but here's hoping.

I have never had a Halloween weekend on which I dressed up in so many different costumes. I dressed up in 4 very different get-ups and loved every minute of the weekend.

This was the product of a desperate last minute attempt to turn Chad's pirate costume from last year into something wearable for me... After a few pins and applying a corset to the outside of the shirt, I felt ok to go out (although Aftan out-sexied me by leaps and bounds).

Cassi, Me, Aftan, and I am not sure of this boy's name even though we have been on the same Powell trip...

On Halloween night we went to a HUGE party in Sugarhouse. The boys never even went into the house because Chad's costume would not allow him to make it up the small hill that led to the door (see photos below). Luckily, there were people filling the entire yard and sidewalk and street in front of the house... they had more than enough people to entertain them.

Isn't Stephan darling as a pig in pink pj's??

I was teaching him the art of the cheesy smile. He's got it down.

For work I dressed up as Meg from Family Guy. Not funny unless you are a fan of the show, in which case it was pretty funny. These pants were ridiculous - size 16 with a tiny waste. I looked a fool.


Chad spent hours sawing the backs off a pair of shoes and making holes in these boxes to stick his feet in... he even glued a pair of slippers into the insides of the boxes so that he could walk. Didn't work out so well but the costume was a HIT.
It started out as just a midget...

Then morphed into a midget cop...

And at some point became a midget SEXY cop. Funny stuff.

This is my final costume, donned for our post-Halloween party at the house of the owner of Jagged Edge Salon. I went to this one as a paper doll and the roomie was in his little person cop gear.


1 comment:

Nick & Lindsey said...

Good post sis. Cute blog. I love you. I'm glad you are going to blog. I will be your faithful follower