Monday, November 17, 2008

Just a little thought goes a long way.

There is nothing like those friends that can sense when things are becoming a bit too much and know just how to brighten your day with the tiniest of gestures.

My company has been making some changes, many of which are causing me a lot of stress and making my job a little bit difficult and complicated. I was in the middle of trying to figure out how I am going to go about doing my job despite these changes; my head was starting to hurt and my neck was getting hot, which is what happens when I am under stress.

As I stared at my monitor my dear friend Sue popped around the corner holding the new Free People underwear and winter Anthropology catalogs that she had saved just for me. This woman has plenty of her own stress and troubles (not to mention daughters near my age that would probably have liked these little treats,) but she is always there to lend a listening ear, to tell me I'm completely right and justified in my complaints (of course!), and give me a piece of advice that makes things suddenly seem much more simple.

I doubt that she ever has the luxury of time to follow blogs but she is just one of
MANY friends of this nature that I have been blessed with.

I am very grateful for them all!

No comments: