Tuesday, March 9, 2010

an open book....


i have always envied people who are able to keep their personal lives just that... personal. i have always struggled with that. the lady at seven eleven (where i stop for diet coke on the daily) asks me why i look as though i've been crying or how my weekend was - and she gets the full monty. we are, consequently, text friends - even christmas-gift exchanging friends. i have a pen pal that i have been blessed to meet (virtually) through work who offers up dating advice and knows the goings on in my life. i have concluded that i take the question "how are you?" a tad too literally. i tell myself "just say fine and move on, camille!" regardless of my efforts, word vomit happens. often.
the point of this random post on a blog neglected is that i am going to attempt to at least direct the vomit at a somewhat inanimate object (my monitor) in hopes that it will spare the people in my path who probably have another customer to ring up behind me.... spare myself the twinge of hurt that comes with noticing that my coworker's eyes have glazed over while i sit trying to work through my feelings verbally to someone who i assume holds my happiness at some level of importance. this is a silly assumption, i know, but one i often make. and to any who choose to read my musings, at least i know you are choosing it!

3 comments:

Rach and Todd said...

ha. i love your word vomit. i could use more of it.

Carly said...

Glad you're back to the blogging world. I miss your word vomit. Please put it all here, baby. Love ya, girl.

JD Wimmer said...

Oh! I thought I'd met you before. Didn't you used to work at the McDonald's in NO? Remember that day I asked you how you were and you told me all about your friend that got stabbed?

So glad to meet you again. Vomit my way. I'm listening.

(Crap. I hate when I get to the end of a comment and realize JD is signed in and not me and I don't want to retype the comment. Sorry. You know it's your BF)