Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a few thoughts just for the sake of posting SOMETHING...

1. I miss my brother terribly. I know, I am dramatic, but every song makes me miss him... I can't walk into his room without my bottom lip starting to quiver madly... when we got our first letter yesterday I sat at my desk in tears hoping noone noticed... I hope he is happy!

2. I finally got a nice promotion with a big raise. WOOOOO....HOO!

3. Grand Torino was the saddest, best movie I have ever seen.

4. Lykke Li, CoCoRosie and Kate Nash are the current soundtrack to my every day. I listen to them CONSTANTLY.

5. I am now hoplessly devoted to this, this, and this.

6. I love my roommates.

7. Last night I thought my furnace was broken and was thrown into 20 minutes of panic... piling extra blankets onto my bed, turning on my heating pad, putting on several hoodies.... then I figured out the problem and was able to get heat. I can't believe what a spoiled life I lead. I was so frantic - and it was still 52 degrees in my home. I am so lucky. There are so many who would kill to have slept in my 50 degree house.

8. I really don't like going a day without talking to my mom. She is so funny.

9. I fell into a short lived love with a man on the train last week. He looked like Patrick Dempsey minus the stupid hair--- no ring, reading a book called "How Societies Remember," (yes, I am a creep, I realize this...) and we made eye contact at least 5 times. I thought it was love. And meeting on a train? What a romantic beginning to our story!

Then he stood up.

Call me shallow.

He was, at BEST, 5'4".

He must've had a long torso. I had no idea it would end this way. I just wish I would have known this major detail before I got so emotionally invested... I was naming our children up until this point.


That's all for now. I just felt like posting some of my goings on and thoughts for your consideration. I'm off to meet my cute friend Shelyse for some soup. Love.

2 comments:

The Wimmer 5 said...

Oh how I love the thoughts in your head...

Crystal said...

you always seem to make me laugh girly! sorry shorty didn't work out. just so you know, I'm 5.4....ya.