Monday, January 5, 2009

Auld Lang Syne


I don't know how I have gone my entire life and not known what these words mean, but I looked the phrase up the other day and found that in Scotland it means "times gone by." I don't know quite how I feel about that. I never spend New Years looking back on the past year; rather, I've been accustomed to looking forward and thinking about my goals and hopes for the coming year. This past year has been a weird one for me. I am not really in a place that I expected myself to be in at the beginning of 2008... I love the place that I am in, but I definitely would not have seen it coming. A year ago I was still spending oodles of my time with my sweet residents at Stoneybrooke. I would have never dreamed I would be in the position that I am now in a completely different field. I have developed some of the most amazing relationships during this year... some that already existed in previous years, but have grown by leaps and bounds since last year. I have learned more about actively loving and serving those closest to me. I have grown as an individual and made discoveries about my personal beliefs. I have learned the true comfort that comes with sincere prayer. I feel that in realizing the things that have come to pass in these "times gone by," I am much more hopeful and optimistic about the growth and opportunities that I will happen upon in 09. I have much to work on and do this coming year.... a few resolutions are definitely in order.

1. Learn to sew.
2. Gym 5 days a week. I know this seems a bit much but I feel sooo much better when I make it all 5 weekdays.
3. Do not speak ill of other people. This is a hard one for me sometimes.
4. Clear the wake.
5. Learn to say NO.
6. Be more kind.
7. Wear sunscreen every day.
8. Read every book on Kelly's list. (Kells, I need that list.)
9. Be more open to possible relationships.
10. Don't fence sit.
11. Take more pictures!

I know, some of these are quite lofty goals... but I am just bound and determined to reach them!!

3 comments:

The Scano's said...

Love those resolutions! You have totally become a woman this year. Girl...You'll be a Woman Soon...Soon you'll meet a man...

Kelly said...

I am mostly interested in you clearing the wake and me riding in the boat that pulls you. It is now one of my goals to be your witness. Let's make that happen.

I will gladly send you my booklist if you send me your address. Muchas gracias!

Kelly said...

Also, please come visit me. I emailed you an itinerary.